Cavity Wall Insulation stores the heat within the inner walls, bouncing it back into the room and holding it for longer. This gives you a more even temperature and gets rid of the draughts that come down from the walls.
- The cavity is located between the inner and outer brickwork of the property (show picture)
- The main materials used by NIA installers are Mineral Wool (Glass or Rock Wool), EPS Bead (Polystyrene bead), U F Foam
- Cavity Wall Insulation can lower your heating bills, lower wear and tear on your boiler and reduce global warming and climate change
- CIGA (Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency) issue an independent 25 year guarantee covering defects in materials and workmanship.
- The recommended cavity width is 50mm
- Cavity Wall Insulation can give you an annual saving of around £115
- There are a number of grants and schemes available to home owners which can substantially reduce the cost of installing these products.